Nanomatic Limited - Policy on Personal Data
- Nanomatic Limited ("Nanomatic") values all personal information provided by its customers, and this document sets out Nanomatic's policy and practices in relation to personal data and The Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance ("the Ordinance").
- The Ordinance protects the privacy of the individual by controlling the manner in which personal data may be collected, held, processed and used. Any personal information collected and recorded by us in relation to a customer, from which the identity of the customer can be ascertained, will be subject to regulation by the Ordinance. This includes personal data collected from customers and from third party sources.
- From time to time, it will be necessary for customers to supply Nanomatic with personal data in connection with the provision of services to you, your use of our website at "www.myrimis.com", "www.nanonavi.com" and ancillary matters.
- Failure to supply such personal data may result in Nanomatic being unable to provide the foregoing services and facilities to a customer.
- Personal data will be used by Nanomatic in considering the engagement of a Customer and in connection with Nanomatic's provision or termination of services and without limiting the foregoing for the following purposes:
- connection with the recovery of any monies owed or liabilities incurred by a customer in relation to its dealings with Nanomatic.
- in connection with matching for whatever purpose any such personal data with other personal data concerning a customer in Nanomatic's possession;
- in connection with any verification or exchange of information;
- in connection with any system or facility for payment by electronic means or via other communication media in which Nanomatic participates;
- promoting, improving and furthering the provision of services provided by Nanomatic to a customer generally;
- in connection with the marketing of products and services to a customer and/or the solicitation of donations or contributions for charitable or other purposes;
- all other incidental and associated purposes relating to the above and any other purpose which a customer may from time to time agree.
- Nanomatic may transfer (whether within or outside Hong Kong) and/or exchange personal data of a customer to and/or with all such persons and/or entities as Nanomatic may consider necessary including, without limitation, the following persons and entities:
- any subsidiary, affiliate or partner of Nanomatic;
- any person who assists Nanomatic in providing its services to customers;
- any agent and/or sub-contractor appointed or engaged by Nanomatic;
- any bank or other financial institution;
- any credit card company;
- any credit information bureau or agency;
- any person providing banking, financial, hire purchase or leasing services or credit facilities;
- any law enforcement agency or related entity;
- any debt collection agency or related entity;
- any direct marketing agency or related entity; and/or
- any charity.
- Any of the persons or entities referred to above may utilize the personal data in the course of any business carried on by such person or entity.
- A customer is entitled to request Nanomatic to cease using personal data for the purpose specified in 5(vi) above and on receipt of such a request Nanomatic will cease to use personal data for such purpose.
- In accordance with the terms of the Ordinance and subject to exemptions specified in the Ordinance, any customer:
- has the right to check whether Nanomatic holds personal data about him or her and has a right to receive copies of such data;
- has the right to require Nanomatic to correct any personal data relating to him or her which is inaccurate; and
- has the right to ascertain Nanomatic's policies and practices in relation to personal data and to be informed of the kind of personal data held by Nanomatic.
- In accordance with the terms of the Ordinance, Nanomatic has the right to charge a reasonable fee for processing a data access request.
- Requests for access to personal data, correction of personal data and information relating to the kind of data held, may be made in writing by fax or post to the Data Protection Officer
Flat A, 13/F Jonsim Place,
228 Queen's Road East,
Fax: +852 2802 2213